Basic Network Architectures
1. SOHO (LAN Small Office / Home Office) – The most used network architecture in the world
2. 2 Tier (LAN – Small Company Network Design) – Cheaper & quicker than classical 3 Tier
3. 3Tier (LAN – Campus Network Design) – For big networks – Classical network design
4. Spine-Leaf (LAN – Top of Rack Network Design) – today’s most used design for modern data centers
5. WAN (Connecting LANs from different locations together)
6. SD-WAN – Software Defined WAN (On-premises and Multi Cloud, Viptela, Miraki, ACI, Future of Networking
What is the best Network Architecture?
The best depends on all sorts of things, size, model and functionality of the hardware …
There is no simple answer!